Monday 15 April 2013

Assignment 2 - Project 5 - Painting and Printing - Stage 1 - Reviewing your collection of fabrics

After eventually finding my bag of fabrics in the loft (along with some other, long-forgotten WIPs and projects that I may be cannibalising at some point!) I selected a range of fabrics to work with.

I chose:
Natural-coloured calico
White silk habotai
White silk chiffon
Black gabardine
Black chiffon (possibly synthetic?)
Dip-dyed black-grey-white chiffon (again possibly synthetic?)
White cotton muslin
White cotton
Dark brown hessian
White wool felt
Black cotton
Natural ecru wool pre-felt

This should offer a good range of surface textures, weights, fibre-types and neutral colours for my experiments. Some of them should definitely be suitable for printing and painting, the dark colours should be interesting and the (possibly) synthetics might be a bit challenging, but it will be fun to see if I can do anything with them. 

(Apologies, I rather got stuck into using them before I realised I hadn't taken any pics!)