Wednesday, 27 May 2015

Mixed Media for Textiles - Module Two Begins!

After much deliberation I've signed up for the new OCA course Mixed Media for Textiles. I can't lie, the last part of the first module was not easy! The mounting, labelling, documenting and journalling, not to mention the nail-biting wait to see if I'd passed!

When the boxes of my work came back I wasn't even sure I wanted to open them but when I did it was quite a surprise. There was more work than I remembered for one thing and some of it looked better than I remembered it - I certainly won't be setting the art world on fire any time soon but for a first module it was okay and definitely some things to build on.

Anyway, it was rather a now or never thing as the maximum time for the degree is 12 years (yes, I know that seems like a long time but it's taken me over 2 years to finish one module and there are at least 8 to do!).

So, onto Mixed Media it is, with a firm promise to myself to get stuck in early, study regularly and sketch instead of playing Candy Crush (you can stop laughing now, I am determined).

As my first assignment is about folding, manipulating and distorting materials, I thought I'd get started with this amazing exhibition by the International Arts and Artists - Folding Paper: The Infinite Possibilities of Origami.....scroll through the images and prepare to be amazed....

And the documentary on the artists in the exhibition is fascinating....









5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Debbie! I have recently joined OCA Textiles and Mixed Media. The Between the Folds video is a good resource for students. Thanks for sharing. I had no idea a piece of flat paper could be taken so far. Good luck with the course. Diane Lawton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great example of what can be achieved with blogs, Debbie. Thank you for letting me see this. xx

    ReplyDelete