Thursday 13 September 2012

Research vs Procrastination

Mauve: How One Man Invented a Colour That Changed the World


...where do you draw the line?

I could fill books with my research, great blogs, websites, books etc. I've found, but I fear that my research is becoming an excuse for not actually doing anything! Will take this as a "note-to-self" kick up the you-know-what and go do something "real"....

Oh, but before I go, seeing as I have spent so long researching, I'll share a couple of my recent finds - blogs, pinterest boards and websites....

Instructables - Tutorials, projects, videos etc. on all kinds of topics.

Mary Lamson-Burke's Teach Me Some Art pinboard on Pinterest - Great links to practical art sites.

Awesome artists - Some great drawing tutorials in an easy-to-digest format.

And find of the day, Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's blog, Balzer Designs. Her Art Journal Every Day dates back to 2011 but has some ideas I really like for breaking that "blank-page-block" amongst other things.

Incidentally, nearly finished reading Mauve - awesome read if you're into the history of colour and the massive impact the invention of synthetic dyes had (and still have) on modern day chemistry.